PNW Bob's Eye View #1 (36OR)

ba43

As I make my way around the Pacific Northwest. I thought it would be nice to see what "Bob" see's when walking around the various destinations I stop at. I'll try to keep these little jaunts focusing on the small minute details found at the airports, airfields, grass strips, docks, etc. that are out there waiting to be found.

These will try to show just how much effort went into the creation of PNW and on the default airfields found throughout PNW. I'm looking for things like sloping runways, tool sheds, unique vehicles and aircraft, nearby geographic features, challenging runway features, etc. These are small details that you'd need to walk around INSIDE the scenery with "Bob" to see. Not just fly by overhead.

These may also help in pointing out any glitches or scenery anomalies that might appear so they can be addressed if necessary.

So, here goes. And thanks to all the team at ORBX for giving us such an outstanding FSX experience.

Today's destination is Jasper Ridge Airstrip (36OR). A short flight from KEUG. Just head 099 degrees for a little over 16nm and you'll be over Jasper Ridge Airstrip. Strap in and set her down, but be careful, it's a long way down if you go over the end of the runway!

Flightplan overview using Plan-G

Posted Image

Arriving overhead and heading downwind.

Posted Image

On final approach

Posted Image

Flight Replica's Super Cub PA-18 (210 HP Experimental on 36" tundra tires)

Posted Image

"Lets go for a walk"

Posted Image

Nice hangar for working on aircraft. Notice the prop mounted over the doors.

Posted Image

Time to get busy.

Posted Image

Inside looking out

Posted Image

Impressive detail with the tools

Posted Image

Other side of the workspace. I like the props hanging on the wall.

Posted Image

Engine cover and hardware bins.

Posted Image

Storage shed, truck and outside items.

Posted Image

Nice place to call home. (House was a little above the nearby terrain but not too bad)

Posted Image

Time to head out.

Posted Image

I'll be back here again.

Posted Image

Jasper Ridge Airstrip.

Posted Image

Guest J van E

Wow, nice!!! Great idea! You won't see a lot of that detail when you stay in the VC...! Awesome. Keep 'm coming!

Archived