FTX Australia version confusion

BroncoBilly

Hi all,

After buying all the PNW stuff from the flightSim store, it appears I get quite a discount on the Australia SP2 Avalon edition.  Is this upgradeable to the latest edition (SP3) via downloadable hotfix, etc, or a completely different product?

I am not really passionate about exploring Australia (yet), but thought I might give it a try.  Does the SP2 edition stand on its own for the casual explorer, or will I be missing out by not using the SP3 edition (assuming they are different products).  Don't really see myself buying all the Australia airports etc. at the moment.

Thanks

Easy one to answer:

1. Purchase and install the SP2 Avalon DVD (you get the HD Avalon airport as a free bonus!)

2. Download the free SP3.001 patch from http://fullterrain.com/support.html and run the patch installer

You will then have the latest SP3.001 DVD version installed.

Yes, it's quite the bargain when you take into account your FSS discounts, but be quick because I think there are less than 30 or so SP2 DVDs left in stock and they were a one-off pressing for the Avalon Airshow so there won't be anymore made when they are gone.

Archived