Airport grass

keenrw

Hi

After installing the Iceland demo and Liberies it looks like the grass texture area around my Airports out side of Iceland have changed ......how do i revert back to the original look/texture? .. i normally use rex texture direct for the texture but even that isnt reverting it back...what texture do i need to replace?

Thanks

Rich

Hello Rich,

I don't use REX, but the file you need to swap out with REXTD is the detail1.bmp (which is a worldwide bumpmap for ground texture overlay). FTXCentral also has a facility called FTX Aero where you have a choice of Bumpmap overlays (Coarse, Fine, Soft, Cracked, (Coarse works well and looks better than Grass IMHO) or your default Rex Grass or sim default overlay.
It can be found in  your sim installation \Scenery\World\Texture\detail1.bmp

10 hours ago, Jeff Gilmour said:

Hello Rich,

I don't use REX, but the file you need to swap out with REXTD is the detail1.bmp (which is a worldwide bumpmap for ground texture overlay). FTXCentral also has a facility called FTX Aero where you have a choice of Bumpmap overlays (Coarse, Fine, Soft, Cracked, (Coarse works well and looks better than Grass IMHO) or your default Rex Grass or sim default overlay.
It can be found in  your sim installation \Scenery\World\Texture\detail1.bmp

cool ok is FTX aero avalable to Iceland demo users? sounds interesting thanks

Hi Rich,

Apparently the Aero tool is nolonger being offered, but you can manually replace/experiment with the various bumpmap / detail1.bmp's. 
These are downloadable in the thread linked below. The DL contains the FTX Aero folders and files.
From the "FTX Aero Bitmaps.zip" look in the red circled directories for a suitable detail1.bmp, you will also see a sample .jpg showing the effect (these detail1.bmp's are worldwide and affect all ground texture, same as REX does with "Grass" detail1.bmp) It is a worldwide semi-transparent bumpmap.
FTX-Aero-Folders-DL.jpg

Before replacing your default detail1.bmp in \Scenery\World\Texture you should save your default for backup.

Archived