Black squares and night textures in airports.

gwlzsc

I reinstalled P3D v4.5 from scratch, and I installed the "BOB First Person Mode" freebie (and agreed to install Orbx libraries), I immediately started seeing black squares, night textures, and random patches of water near runways. Grand Canyon is a broken as well, and is covered in black tiles. I purchased a few Orbx add-ons, and have spent a lot of time messing with the sim, but I've consistently had issues with Orbx products. Is there anything I can do to fix it, or I just have to wait for a fix? I have a few pics, to show how I have it set-up. I have nuked my entire P3D install, and re-installed it with only the BOB add-on+Orbx libraries, and even that is causing issues.

Blacktexture.jpg

insertionpoint.jpg

orbx_loca.jpg

Try deleting your shaders folder and let P3D rebuild a new on next start. Its locate at C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\shaders

If you're using a shader mod, such as PTA or tomatoshade, make sure to restore original shaders before deleting the shaders folder. When starting P3D for the first time after you do this, don't run AS4 (if using). Just run default aircraft and clear skies.

Another thing you could do is force migration (sync sim I think in new Central app). Also verify files.

Archived