NA Southern California - Black Ground Textures

Dane

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  Windows 10 Home

Simulator:  P3Dv4.5

Screenshot:  Yes

Issue:  NA Southern California - Black Ground Textures

Ever since upgrading and migrating from FTX Central 3 to ORBX Central I am so far experiencing  two issues that I never had in FTX Central 3.

I have reported one in a previous post but have not heard back from ORBX as yet - see post titled - P3Dv4.5 now having pauses in flight.

I now have another issue to report - Black Ground Textures which I did not have before.

In both cases I have done a repoair on P3D Client, Content, and Scenery and I have deleted the Shaders folder and P3D rebuilt that folder.

I have not added or changed anything since the migration.

Please review both issue and advise.

Thank you.

25nm east of ELB VOR.JPG

KSNA Apprch 20R.JPG

P3Dv4.5 Setting.JPG

central.log

3 hours ago, Dane said:

Operating system:  Windows 10 Home

Simulator:  P3Dv4.5

Screenshot:  Yes

Issue:  NA Southern California - Black Ground Textures

Ever since upgrading and migrating from FTX Central 3 to ORBX Central I am so far experiencing  two issues that I never had in FTX Central 3.

I have reported one in a previous post but have not heard back from ORBX as yet - see post titled - P3Dv4.5 now having pauses in flight.

I now have another issue to report - Black Ground Textures which I did not have before.

In both cases I have done a repoair on P3D Client, Content, and Scenery and I have deleted the Shaders folder and P3D rebuilt that folder.

I have not added or changed anything since the migration.

Please review both issue and advise.

Thank you.

25nm east of ELB VOR.JPG

KSNA Apprch 20R.JPG

P3Dv4.5 Setting.JPG

central.log 77.73 kB · 0 downloads

So it seems I am not the only one with this problem as per Ezra.

What I just did was to uninstall NA Southern California to test the issue with the Black Textures.

What I found was - everything was perfect.

So ORBX, what is going on with ORBX Central? As I said earlier I never had this problem with FTX Central 3.

I will do other tests to try to see what is going on with the extreme Pausing while flying.

Dane

So what I found is that with NA Southern California uninstalled I do not get those long pauses.

I also did the same test with NA Pacific Northwest and after uninstalling it I did not get the long pauses. Actually before the PNW was the worst for long pauses.

Dane

Yeah. I uninstalled everything (including airports) except "Global Base" which is installed in the simulator. I can`t deal with the regions anymore or the LC. Just too hard on frames, stutters, missing textures, etc. I`m sure P3D is not exempt from the issues as well. I tried everything by spending countless hours (*and dollars) of tweaking deleting, uninstalling, reinstalling etc. I have now resorted to pretty much "Vanilla" P3Dv4.5 with Active Sky, Global Base (as mentioned, installed in the sim). The flight experience with my preferred add-ons is a whole new experience as one would expect. No more FPS drops, stutters or pauses anymore. The proof is in the pudding for me. As much as I like ORBX I can`t deal with all the issues right now. I just don`t have the time anymore.

8700K, GTX1080ti, 32MB, Samsung SSD.                                         

Cheers.

So here is what I have found after several days of uninstalling and re-installing ORBX Central v4.0.10 and then testing.

I re-installed all of my 22 ORBX "My Products" into the other option of Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v4 (back to where ORBX was with the original FTX Central 3).

The improvement is that there no longer seems to be any black ground textures. However the sim still pauses in flight anywhere from 5 to 10 seconds .

It really would be nice if ORBX would look at this posting and respond - as of today I have not had one response.

It would be nice to know why this has just started since ORBX Central - Why? What is causing this? What would happen if we went back to FTX Central 3?

Dane

On 8/25/2019 at 6:17 PM, Mitchell Williamson said:

Hi Dane,

We've identified a potential issue when openLC is installed directly into the simulator and regions are installed into libraries. This is due to a layering issues and may be the issue you and @Ezra have experienced. We're in the process of working on a fix for this for the next Central update.

Just so you know. I do not have open LC installed in the simulator. I only have Global Base installed in the simulator. I have Vectors installed in a separate library (same SSD). It is when I install open LC into the "separate library" (not the simulator) I get the above issues. Following this, when I only uninstall open LC from the library the issue disappears. Strange.

If I need to uninstall Global Base from the simulator (P3Dv4.5)? Can I uninstall Global Base manually?

5 hours ago, Ezra said:

Just so you know. I do not have open LC installed in the simulator. I only have Global Base installed in the simulator. I have Vectors installed in a separate library (same SSD). It is when I install open LC into the "separate library" (not the simulator) I get the above issues. Following this, when I only uninstall open LC from the library the issue disappears. Strange.

Can you take a screenshot of your scenery library in P3D where the Orbx entries are? There a few potential causes we're aware of now for this type of issues:

• openLC isn't layered correctly and is placed above regions - fixed in the next Central update
    • also will be resolved by a major layering system update currently in development
  • openLC textures don't fallback to Global Base when both are installed into a library - investigating with Lockheed
  • Global Base OLC Base layer is named incorrectly - fixed in upcoming Global Base update
5 hours ago, Ezra said:

If I need to uninstall Global Base from the simulator (P3Dv4.5)? Can I uninstall Global Base manually?

As Global Base replaces default textures, the only way to truly uninstall it is to reinstall P3D (I believe just the P3D Scenery installer).

9 hours ago, Ezra said:

Mine also was exactly as Ezra has described. But as I stated before, I moved all my products back into the P3D simulator folder.

Two days ago I completely uninstalled all of my 22 ORBX products (except Global Base) and then uninstalled ORBX Central 4.

Then I installed FTX Central 3 as well as all of my 22 ORBX products into the P3D folder. I also clicked on Verify the Global Base just to make sure it was 100%.

The result is as it was prior to ORBX Central 4 - an excellent running and functioning sim.

Until I read that ORBX Central 4 has been comp!etely fixed I will stay with the old but reliable FTX Central 3.

Dane

EDIT... Note to Ezra. No need to uninstall Global Base. I would suggest thinking about what I did - this is just a thought as you may not want to spend all that time.

Archived