Orbx Central 4.04 custom scenery install location

flavik

Hi there!

I installed LOWI Innsbruck during the first attempt to "Main Library" i.e. a separate drive and everything worked great. My "Main Library" is defined in Central as F:\Orbx Library. XP11 is installed under C:\X-Plane 11\. 

However, I then decided to move LOWI from "Main Library" to the default X-Plane location i.e. \X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\. Central then interpreted LOWI as not installed (although scenery shows up correctly in XP11). When I tried to re-install, Central installed straight to "Main Library" without giving me any choice. I deleted Central and removed %AppData%\Orbx\Central\central.json (as per the user guide) to no avail. I then uninstalled LOWI and deleted the whole "Main Library" folder (i.e. F:\Orbx Library) in the Central menu. Upon another re-installation attempt Central prompted me that "No Libraries Detected", not giving me the option the install to default XP11 scenery location.

Is it not possible to choose custom (i.e. default location) after previous install to external drive i.e. "Main Library"?

Operating system:  Windows 10 Home version 1809

Simulator:  X-Plane 11 build 11.35r1

Screenshot:  Attached

Issue:  Orbx Central 4.04 custom scenery install location

no libraries detected.jpg

central.log

10 hours ago, flavik said:

However, I then decided to move LOWI from "Main Library" to the default X-Plane location i.e. \X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\. Central then interpreted LOWI as not installed (although scenery shows up correctly in XP11).

Orbx Central will always install new products to a library. You can create a library at a new location by going to Settings, Libraries. Central will then manage the linking back to the simulator.

Moving the installed product manually will cause Central to be unable to recognise it.

10 hours ago, Mitchell Williamson said:

Orbx Central will always install new products to a library. You can create a library at a new location by going to Settings, Libraries. Central will then manage the linking back to the simulator.

Moving the installed product manually will cause Central to be unable to recognise it.

Is it then possible to designate the default folder i.e custom scenery as a library?

To answer my own question: Just tried it. It’s not possible. I guess it does not matter, however. I set a new library directory to a folder on my SSD drive (same one as XP11). That works - I can let Central install my Orbx products there. Does not need to be custom scenery folder (my OCD slightly disagrees however). I’m happy there’s the option within Central to install to another drive, should my SSD fill up (which it inevitably will).

Oh, and re-install was pretty painless from backup. 

Completed New PC build so I moved the HDD where all my Scenery was on and installed on the OLD PC. Installed X-Plane and now ready to get my ORBX investment back to work. Oh! I had install CENTRAL  on my new PC first. I tried all the steps outlined to delete the Main Library ORBX creates and tell ORBX where my Previously installed Orbx is located. You instructions say it will read the new location but all I get is RED DBX saying the directory is not empty. DUH! I did what you asked and it DOES NOT WORK! Is there anyway to salvage my install without having to DL all over again?

Thanks,

Archived