Library Insertion Point

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  Windows 10 64 bit

Simulator:  P3D V4.5 

Screenshot:  

Issue:  

Hello,

I was hoping that, given the new Orbx Central installs using the .xml method, that the library insertion point would be able to read all of my other addon scenery installed via the .xml method (which was everything except for Orbx until now). But it does not. After the 'Top of the Scenery Library' option, the next one down is 'Bathymetry,' which is the highest of the default scenery entries. So in order to correctly place the Orbx airports/regions below my addon airports, and the OpenLC entries below my other photoscenery, I have to repeat the tedious process I had been doing before within Lorby's Addon Organizer, which involves moving around around a hundred scenery entries, as they all get jumbled up again each time I open Central. Is there a problem with my installation, or does Orbx Central really lack the ability to place the files around other .xml-installed addon entries?

Thanks,

Ben

Hi Ben,

We currently layer against scenery.cfg as it was the easiest way we could maximise compatibility with previously installed products.

6 hours ago, whoashloppy said:

Orbx Central really lack the ability to place the files around other .xml-installed addon entries?

This is correct. We are looking to support layering against other add-on.xml products in the future, this has been a common feature request recently!

Archived