ORBX Central Unable to Start

mikee

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  Win 10

Simulator:  Prepar3dV4.5

Screenshot:  

Issue

I am Trying to Open the Application but I keep on getting a message : a Java Script error occurred in the main process !!

Any help will be appreciated

Mike

Doc1.docx

2 hours ago, Mitchell Williamson said:

Hi Mike,

Please delete your log file, it appears for some reason that it is too large and crashing Central.

It is located here: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log

Once you've deleted it, try to start Central again.

Great  That fixed the Issue !

Couple of Questions :

1) How Can I have an Icon for my FTX Global Vector Configuration Tool in my Desktop for an easy access ?

2) The Orbx Library folder In my C: Drive  is at 355 gb , Is this Normal ?

3) In My Prep3dV4.5 Root I Can see An ORBX Folder Which Includes All Of my Sceneries , Airports etc.  At 34 gb ! Is Something Missing ?

For Example : The folder of FTX_AU Contains Only : FTXAA_ORBXLIBS plus 4 Airports ( FTXAA_YBBN , FTXAA_YBRM , FTXAA_YSTW , FTXAA_YTYA ) !!

In FTX_EU : I Can see Only  , FTX_EU_GES_08_CUSTOM

FTX Global is Empty !

This Applies to All Other Folders ( I am Missing many Airports) .

Is this Normal ?

Thank you ,

Mike

I think I found the answer in my 3rd question !

By Migrating most of the sceneries Using ORBX central from P3d root they migrated to Orbx Library folder !!

Is there any way I can transfer them to my Root Folder ?

Mike

I Have Also manage to find where FTX Global Vector configuration folder was located and managed to send the Icon to my Desktop ( Works perfect ) !

But Almost All of my ORBX Products are In Library folder and Not In Prepar3d Root !!

When I first started my Sim.  P3D told me there were duplicate AI aircraft ! Should I remove (delete) the Ones that are located in ORBX Library ?

Mike

Guest Josh Koz
17 hours ago, mikee said:

1) How Can I have an Icon for my FTX Global Vector Configuration Tool in my Desktop for an easy access ?

If you've migrated Vector to a library, the Vector Configuration tool can be within your library at the following path:
 \p3dv4\Global Vectory\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX GLOBAL VECTOR Configuration Tool.exe 

2) The Orbx Library folder In my C: Drive  is at 355 gb , Is this Normal ?

Yes, if you've migrated products into your Orbx Library this is completely normal.

3) In My Prep3dV4.5 Root I Can see An ORBX Folder Which Includes All Of my Sceneries , Airports etc.  At 34 gb ! Is Something Missing ?

These are products that have been installed via FTX Central 3 which installs directory into the P3D root. If you've migrate to a library they'll no longer be within the simulator root.

10 hours ago, mikee said:

When I first started my Sim.  P3D told me there were duplicate AI aircraft ! Should I remove (delete) the Ones that are located in ORBX Library ?

We're been made aware of the duplicate AI aircraft issue. As a temporary fix whilst we work on a patch you can try removing anything that starts with "FTX" from within the SimObjects\Airplanes\ directory in your P3D installation.

1 hour ago, Josh Koz said:

If you've migrated Vector to a library, the Vector Configuration tool can be within your library at the following path:
 \p3dv4\Global Vectory\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX GLOBAL VECTOR Configuration Tool.exe 

Yes, if you've migrated products into your Orbx Library this is completely normal.

These are products that have been installed via FTX Central 3 which installs directory into the P3D root. If you've migrate to a library they'll no longer be within the simulator root.

We're been made aware of the duplicate AI aircraft issue. As a temporary fix whilst we work on a patch you can try removing anything that starts with "FTX" from within the SimObjects\Airplanes\ directory in your P3D installation.

Thank you very much for your reply Josh :)

So if I want to have All of my products into ORBX Library , should I migrate the rest of them ?

Mike

1 hour ago, mikee said:

Thank you very much for your reply Josh :)

So if I want to have All of my products into ORBX Library , should I migrate the rest of them ?

Mike

I Understand that ORBX Global base cannot Migrate  and the default location is in Prepar3D root , Is this correct ?

( So this the Only Orbx Product that I should have in here and the rest should be in ORBX Libraries  ) !!

Mike

Guest Josh Koz
2 hours ago, mikee said:

If you prefer your products were in a library feel to migrate them to one but migrating is completely optional. Everything should still function without requiring a migration.

1 hour ago, mikee said:

I Understand that ORBX Global base cannot Migrate  and the default location is in Prepar3D root , Is this correct ?

( So this the Only Orbx Product that I should have in here and the rest should be in ORBX Libraries  ) !!

Your correct that Global Base can't be migrated.

2 hours ago, Josh Koz said:

If you prefer your products were in a library feel to migrate them to one but migrating is completely optional. Everything should still function without requiring a migration.

Your correct that Global Base can't be migrated.

Thank you very much for your reply !

Archived