FTX Central on macOS

Looking for this and yes, finally a central point to check your account, to load your stuff but more over, a central piece of software for Win, Mac and Linux. And how does it work? I can't say anything else then with the version I'm using 0.20.7 is works flawless. Startup quick, going thru all the option without any problems, linking to the Orbx store and so on. I'm testing it on my iMac with Mojave 10.14.6 and XP11.35r1. I have the intention to test it also although Catalina is still in beta, to test the Central software with Catalina. For now, no further comments or suggestions.

Well done so far.

- -
With greetings,

Angelique van Campen
X-Plained, the Ultimate X-Plane Source for all Articles
Almere, The Netherlands (UTC +1)

Operating system: MacOS 10.14.6 

Simulator:  XP11.35r1

Screenshot:  

Issue:  

central.log

Hi dev team,

I would like to add to my previous posting something. Just as a reminder; I'm using the macOS version. Is it possible to make an uninstall possibility, either within the DMG when it's started or at the Central window. I did something and decided to remove the Central app and to install it again, fresh! Most of the time everybody - not Orbx - is saying ... put the app in the trash/bin, and you're done, but that's not true. The same for the Orb Central app. I found many places where either a hidden Orbx folder has been installed or plist files are located at many positions.And yes, I know, there are many uninstaller programs for Mac, but as an old Mac user I don't need or do not want these programs.

Please if possible, add an uninstall function for macOS to it.

Other suggestion I have is (see screenshot) is related to the installation and the moment you're asked for the backup folder. Not difficult I would say, but perhaps it's an idea to add to the text above the "link location" that always an "Orbx" folder is created in the location you pick. Now it's a bit guessing what it will do and after I've chosen a backup location, I don't see it in the backup location field.

Screenshot 2019-08-04 at 08.01.22.png

Another addition to the recently re-installed Central beta (see also the 2 screenshots)

I'm a bit confused what the additional folder - orbxlibs-xp11 - is doing in my Scenery directory. On both screenshots you can see the backup location had to be /Volumes/Data/Dropbox/LaCie/X-Plane/Scenery (not shown in the location window) and that the main Orbx library is located in the /Volumes/Data/Dropbox/LaCie/X-Plane/Scenery too OR is the orbxlibs-xp11 folder related to the "backup location from the Central installer?

If so, is it then possible to change that backup folder also to the Orbx folder? I try to keep things logically set!

Screenshot 2019-08-04 at 08.40.16.png

Screenshot 2019-08-04 at 08.40.39.png

Hi!

Thank you for your feedback!

On 8/4/2019 at 4:14 PM, Angelique-van-Campen said:

Please if possible, add an uninstall function for macOS to it.

We're looking at ways we can overhaul the installation and update functionality in the future. We'll try to get this included when we perform that overhaul.

On 8/4/2019 at 4:14 PM, Angelique-van-Campen said:

Not difficult I would say, but perhaps it's an idea to add to the text above the "link location" that always an "Orbx" folder is created in the location you pick.

I don't believe it should be doing that, backups should be going directly into the folder you have set (like mine below). Are you on version 4.0.0?

image.pngimage.png

On 8/4/2019 at 4:49 PM, Angelique-van-Campen said:

I'm a bit confused what the additional folder - orbxlibs-xp11

That appears to be the backup files.

On 8/4/2019 at 4:49 PM, Angelique-van-Campen said:

If so, is it then possible to change that backup folder also to the Orbx folder? I try to keep things logically set!

You can change the backup folder to be whatever you like. I'd recommend setting it to be Orbx/Backup or Orbx Backup in the Scenery folder you're using.

Archived