Lost orbx Scenery Edits

IW001

Guys

I loaded Orbx Central and now YSTW & YSCH are missing wind socks, when Au2 is selected. Ystw has reverted to generic buildings too. There might be other fields but lack of time prevents me from checking them. Do I need to revisit all the pre Au2 Orbx fields and add Graham's fixes? That seems like the only option I have as Central doesn't want to help.

Sorry guys but I just got them all working, now I might have to do it all again.

Order 5d11401125b4e

Ian

Operating system:  

Simulator:  

Screenshot:  

Issue:  

Hi Ian,

The downloads available for Australian airports in Central should all have Graham's fixes included within them.

I'd recommend pressing 'Verify Files' on each product you're experiencing issues with, and you'll also need to make sure that the AUv2 option is enabled in the product control panel. If you've installed, migrated or updated these airports, it'll revert to the default settings which don't have AUv2 compatibility selected.

I've selected Au2 compatibility for all airports showing that option.

Other things I have tried since are;

Uninstalling Hervey Bay, then reinstalling it.

The result is ok, just no wind socks.

I've added Graham's files to YSCH and YSTW and still no wind socks.

I haven't got any wind socks at any airports, which were once ok in Au2. Something has taken the socks out. I'd bet the other Orbx airports will be the same. I haven't checked them because I need to work today.

Please remember that I had these airfields working ok just prior to changing to Orbx Central. I had made no changes to my FS setup until Central. That makes me suspect the nwe Orbx central has made changes. It did some scenery downloading when it was installed, but I wouldn't know what it was downloading.

Will verifying files fix my issues?

I now wish I hadn't removed the old FTX Central. Can I get it back, with my scenery in the same condition?

I am using P3D4.5.

Regards

Ian

I believe the windsocks for these products are ObjectFlow based, therefore there may be an issue with the way ObjectFlow is configured. You can try running 'Verify Files' on those products in particular, and it'll make sure that all the required files are installed correctly and make sure ObjectFlow is configured.

You can check if ObjectFlow is installed correctly by doing the following

• Open Central and select 'My Products' on the sidebar
  • Scroll down the list, do you see the Orbx ObjectFlow product?
  • If so, click on it and check if it is installed. If it isn't, this may be the issue.

@Graham Eccleston may be able to provide more guidance about what is required to get the windsocks working correctly.

6 minutes ago, IW001 said:

I now wish I hadn't removed the old FTX Central. Can I get it back, with my scenery in the same condition?

If you haven't migrated any products to libraries, or installed anything with Central specifically, the products you've previously had installed should still work fine with FTX Central 3. Products installed with Central however aren't backwards compatible, and won't be handled by FTX Central 3 correctly.

Mitchell

The following verified files;

Object Flow files are verified ok.

YSCH ok

YHBA ok

and YSTW said there is nothing to verify. That's unusual as it's loaded & working, except the socks.

Ian

Mitchell

It goes from bad to worse. I uninstalled Tamworth (YSTW) using the Orbx Central, now when I want to put it back I get a message that there are no builds available for this product. How can that be, Central says YSTW is owned by me. Ok, I thought I'd just load YSTW from the original download file, but when I enter my order number, pw etc, the installer says there's a problem with resolving a host name message. This is very frustrating.

Ian

I've managed to identify a potential cause of this issue.

Can you open up your Scenery Library in Prepar3D and count the amount of entries that are called 'FTXAA_ORBXLIBS' (similar to the first red circle below)?

image.png

• If there are none, the Orbx Libraries aren't installed. 
  • If there is one, this may be another issue. Does it show a blue checkmark next to FTXAA_ORBXLIBS?
  • If there are multiple, can you give me the paths (second red circle)?

Thanks Ian.

This may be a different issue then. I have a few more potential causes and I'll test each of them tomorrow to see if I can reproduce the problem.

I've enabled the build for YSTW as I got windsocks to work correctly on my end. You'll be able to install it now through Central as well.

Mitchell

Thank you for your work on this issue.

Last night I reverted to FTX Central, then uninstalled most of my Orbx scenery and reloaded it from my backups, performed a few weeks ago. After that I added Graham's edits and checked for files in the Orbx scenery folders, which were turned off by Orbx Central, then finally turned Au2 to "on" in FTX Central. After a long session my Orbx scenery is all working, as it was before I loaded Orbx Central.

I will check and maybe download Orbx Central at a later date.

Thank you again.

Cheers

Ian

Archived