KGPI Redundant Gates

I've found another post related to the same issue, but I'm unable to fix using the discussed solution. 

At KGPI, I have 3 sets of jetbridges at each gate. One that is connected to the building, but that jetway is stationary, and 2 others stacked together, but  those are about 50' away from the building. 

I do have GSX, but have not made any changes to the airport. I do also have KFCA disabled in NRM. 

Appreciate a fix, thanks

Digging deeper, I think I see what's going on. Prior to KGPI being released with moving jetways, I think I added GSX jetways some time ago. I tried to remove the GSX jetways, but that's having an issue restoring the orbx jetways. 

If I deleted the scenery and reinstalled via ftx, would that restore the orbx jetways and remove any previous GSX modifications?

Screenshot_1.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg

Hi,

Just to clarify what you've got there; the only jetway in those screenshots that is part of the KGPI package is the one that is fully attached to the building (the rightmost one in your first shot). As you've pointed out, the other are almost certainly from GSX and their position roughly matches the position of the terminal in the default P3D airport.

So the Orbx jetways are there and the airport looks to be in good order apart from the added components. Remove those and you'll be good to go.

I don't beleive you need to remove/reinstall the airport. Unfortunately, I don't really have a lot of experience with GSX and I can't offer any advice on how to remove those elements. I've messed around with adding components, but never removing them again.

Perhaps visit there website or a google search, unless someone else can point you in the right direction?

Cheers,

Greg

• 7 months later...

Hello All,

I have this exact same problem.  I haven't been able to figure out how to best handle it.  The issue is that GSX Level 2 is using the default AFCAD file for KFCA  Since GSX Level 2 replaces default jetways, it does just that for the KFCA AFCAD causing the extra jetways to appear.  The only way that I have found to remove them is to use the GSX editor to do so.  This removes the GSX jetways but unfortunately, the default AFCAD is still used for parking spots and pushbacks which are not in line with the KGPI scenery.  

I'm running P3D 4.5 and have my Orbx entries at the top of the scenery order.  I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling and also switching between the KFCA/KGPI option with the same results.  GSX always scans P3D\scenery\0201\scenery\APX1740.bgl and adds the jetways.    

I'm wondering if a better solution was found to this problem?  It would seem that it would only affect people with GSX Level 2.

Thanks,

Keith    

46 minutes ago, kdlovell said:

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling and also switching between the KFCA/KGPI option with the same results.  GSX always scans P3D\scenery\0201\scenery\APX1740.bgl and adds the jetways.    

I'm wondering if a better solution was found to this problem?  It would seem that it would only affect people with GSX Level 2.

Hi,

If GSX is only scanning for core files and not including addon airports, then I'm afraid there is really not much that we can do. I would *strongly* advise against it, but it seems the only solution may be to manually modify that core file. 

I'm surprised that this is that case though. Not including addon airports would seem to make GSX not compatible which many large airport addons.

Greg

Hi Greg,

GSX does scan addon airports.  This seems to be some type of one-off issue which in all honesty may be a result of one too many P3D rebuilds ;).  In any case, I'll stick with removing the jetways through GSX.  I just wanted to check the forums to see if others have dealt with this issue.

Thanks,

Keith

Archived