KACK Nantucket w/Ortho?

Hi everyone. The KACK is beautiful, but it appears to prohibit the use of ortho for the other areas that are covered by the 41-70 and 41-71 DSF files. For example, Martha's Vineyard and adjacent parts of the mainland go back to the default textures/mesh. Is there anyway around this? My scenery order has the 3 KACK folders sitting above all other ortho, overlays, etc. Is there anything I can do with this?

Thanks!

Order # 5cec5a2656161

You could try disabling or lower the custom mesh "Orbx_KACK_C_remesh" that comes with this scenery, although you may get some elevation problems with your custom orthos depending on how it was generated.

To do this, open "Custom Scenery/scenery_packs.ini" in your X-Plane 11 folder with a text-editor (such as Notepad), and look for a line that looks like:

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_KACK_C_remesh/

an change it to

SCENERY_PACK_DISABLED Custom Scenery/Orbx_KACK_C_remesh/

Save the file and start X-Plane.. This should do the trick, although we can't guarantee you won't have elevation issues

1 hour ago, tonywob said:

You could try disabling or lower the custom mesh "Orbx_KACK_C_remesh" that comes with this scenery, although you may get some elevation problems with your custom orthos depending on how it was generated.

To do this, open "Custom Scenery/scenery_packs.ini" in your X-Plane 11 folder with a text-editor (such as Notepad), and look for a line that looks like:

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_KACK_C_remesh/

an change it to

SCENERY_PACK_DISABLED Custom Scenery/Orbx_KACK_C_remesh/

Save the file and start X-Plane.. This should do the trick, although we can't guarantee you won't have elevation issues

Thanks Tony. That did the trick - it looks like I lost the Orbx orthos (which were gorgeous), but I think there is nothing I can do about that. It's either use the Orbx ortho/mesh and lose the rest of the tiles, or use my own and have full tile coverage.

Archived