TE Washington Default Autogen

Hey all,

Previously, I had mesh installed for this region (as its home for me). I removed the mesh and any custom sceneries of the region and did an install. Now my problem is that I see the ortho and I see the mesh (because its all grey as it loads) but after it loads, I get trees but no buildings. I've heard that users who have used Ortho for a region often get this issue when they remove the ortho (specifically, no autogen buildings) such as I'm getting now. Its not just limited to TE Washington but Portland where I had mesh previously as well so I don't think its an ORBX-specific issue.

My question: How do I get my autogen buildings back?

Thanks!

Jeff

PS: Running XP from Steam and I haven't figured out how to easily uninstall/reinstall XP with steam or run a repair. If someone has some advice there too, it would be helpful. Thanks.

scenery_packs.ini

1. Backup your old ini file and rename it to scenery_packs.ini.old and keep it somewhere safe!

2. Insert the file I suggest attached

3. Run X-Plane and check

4. Let us know how you get on

I'm not familiar with some of your entries so I have made some assumptions based on their names etc. You also have a rogue Earth Nav Data entry in your Custom Scenery folder. Remove this before running X-Plane as it is an incorrect entry. The folder itself will be in your Custom Scenery folder so move it out somewhere safe or X-Plane will alter the ini file again.

If not successful I expect jjaycee1 on here will help!

Best wishes.

PS. Make sure your objects slider is moved to the right (suggest one notch below maximum)

scenery_packs.ini

Fizzelle,

Thank you so much for your response and efforts to help! I'm going to start it up and try it with the .ini you attached. I DID get the autogen to load by poking around and guess I did something right?

I'm still stuck with the odd Allen & Burrows issue that was mentioned earlier in the thread. I'm trying to find the rogue tile so I can remove it (and hopefully get scenery for everything up north of Seattle) but I don't know its number or where its located?? If anyone else can chime in, I would appreciate it.

Thanks again Fizzelle, as for the Autogen - consider it resolved.

Jeff

Archived