Orbx Central stalled

Hi!

I've been trying to reproduce this problem on my own Mac and haven't been able to under a variety of conditions.

• Does the problem persist after you restart your mac?
  • Have you previously been able to start Central successfully?

We're continuing to investigate this issue on our end and we'll let you know if we discover the cause.

Hello Mitchell - The problem persists after re-starting.  This is the first product I've tried to download with Central.   My first thought was that my operating system might be too old, as I am using a Hackintosh that is very annoying to update.  Thanks for your help.

We setup a macOS Sierra VM but weren't able to reproduce this issue. I've created a build of Central with more detailed logging so we can further investigate the cause of this issue.

You can download it here.

Once you've downloaded it and moved it to your Applications folder, try to launch it. If you run into issues again, please send us your central.log file and we'll be able to get a better idea of whats going on.

1 hour ago, ThinkThinkAbout said:

Hi Mitchell - I downloaded the new Central build, installed and restarted my computer and the outcome was the same.  Still stuck on the splash screen.

Thanks for the log. I believe it may be an issue unique to your machine as its a hackintosh, as we're unable to reproduce it here on any of our macs or VMs. We're preparing another build of Central with more troubleshooting information, as well as a potential workaround for this issue so that you can get Washington installed as soon as possible. I'll let you know when its available :)

The build is ready now. We've added more logging and also added an automatic timeout so that if it stays checking for updates for more then ~20 seconds, it will skip the update check and launch Central. Let me know how it goes for you. Please send us your central.log even if it does work so we can try and fix the auto-updating for you in the future.

You can download it here.

Hi Mitchell - The latest build seems to be working.  It timed out on the update splash screen but went to the installer.  I'm currently downloading.  I realize that you've spent a lot of time on this problem and I want to say thanks again for trying to get me up and running.   I will make sure to let my flight sim friends know that your customer service is top notch.  Cheers.

Hi Mitchell - TrueEarth Washington has installed!  After the install Central still times out of the updates splash screen after startup, but hopefully I can still update from within the app.  Your help is much appreciated.  I'll send a link with some video, but for now, I think we can call this case solved.  Cheers!

8 hours ago, ThinkThinkAbout said:

I realize that you've spent a lot of time on this problem and I want to say thanks again for trying to get me up and running. 

No worries! Thanks for your patience in helping us troubleshoot the issue.

5 hours ago, ThinkThinkAbout said:

Hi Mitchell - TrueEarth Washington has installed!  After the install Central still times out of the updates splash screen after startup, but hopefully I can still update from within the app.

I'm glad to hear you have Washington installed, I hope you enjoy it! You can manually check for updates within Central by pressing 'Check for updates' on the Settings/General page.

image.png

If it also stalls and doesn't work, you may need to manually redownload Central when you'd like to use an updated version.

We'll be continuing to improve the update system and make it more reliable, so I hope that in a future update this issue will be permanently resolved for you.

Archived