Dropping frame rates

jaje

This isn't connected to my installation of PNW, but it has certainly exacerbated the issue.

Over the past few months, when starting a flight (I run unlimited in windowed mode, both in VC and 2D), frame rates drop to 4-10FPS. If I change to full screen, then back to windowed mode, rates return to my normal 30+FPS. This drop may reoccur some time later again, and the same solution will cure it. It's almost certainly connected to my graphics card memory, but as a pensioner I can't afford to upgrade ATM.

I'm not a FPS freak, but the stutters annoy the hell out of me!

I don't suppose there's a complete solution without a hardware upgrade, but I'm just curious as to whether anyone can suggest anything to improve the situation.

John

I'm a bit of a dummy when it comes to PC's, but yeh it's probably the video card. I have been using FSX GO!, in particular using a profile with only about 800 trees and 1200 buildings for Orbx scenery and it seems to have made a big improvement to performance, and it still looks super! I'm sure some other members will be able to give you better advice!

Archived