No D-Day landing beaches in Normandy

Vector does not do a good job for the Normandy coastline in general.  It is mostly made of large and beautiful sandy beaches. It would be specially nice to add these sand beaches where the Allied landed 75 years ago from the Seine estuary to St Vaast (Utah, Omaha, Gold, Juno, and Sword). And when you are at it, you may also add them on the West side too ;).

While I haven't checked lately, I believe the solution might be Ultimate Terrain which I have. I find it much better than Vector and the two can coexist together with a little hokie pokie jiggery.

Unfortunately I can't test that out right now for you because I am still rebuilding my P3DV4 sim after a complete HD failure.

On 5/28/2019 at 11:14 PM, fltsimguy said:

While I haven't checked lately, I believe the solution might be Ultimate Terrain which I have. I find it much better than Vector and the two can coexist together with a little hokie pokie jiggery.

Unfortunately I can't test that out right now for you because I am still rebuilding my P3DV4 sim after a complete HD failure.

Thanks Bryan for the HU, I suspected that much but I'm too old for hokie pokie jiggery :P ! Been there, done that, got tired of it. 

For the 75th anniversary, I wanted to do a memorial flight over the beaches (maybe a little video ,who knows), a moving landmark of US/Canada/European friendship if there's any and was dissappointed by what I saw.  Maybe OrbX  could whip up something.  Seven days to go until the June 6th ;).

Archived