Dual MOnitors

Rainbow

WoooHooo ;D ;D, it works :-) great

Thanks for the info, now I can get on with Flying, if only the MOWAF lets me spends some money for another couple of 22" monitors, Maxtrx three head and a proper flight deck...

OBTW I'm flying a PC12 (testing out a market) and will get my act into gear witha  PC-9 cockpit.......

Thanks for all the help. :D :D

Jon

:)

Assumingyou have it set up correctly, the probablle solution is, you must run your primary monitor in windows mode. Full screen will just switch off your second monitor.

I have been useing two monitors for quite a while. FSX on primary and all nav. necessaries on the other.

• 1 month later...

HI all, I 'm having a problem with FSX and Dual mionitors.

My Video card is a Nvidia 8600gt. runs fine untill I go into FSX, then the Primary screen jsut blinks and the Secondary is blk.

Suggestions?????

Jon

Hi Jon, I'm also running dual monitors on an exactly the same card and have no problems running FSX. As far as I know, you have to run it in windowed mode (not everybodies favorite, though), but it works. Are you running the latest drivers? I know, that there was at a stage a problem running FSX with Nvidia cards, but not any more.

DUal monitors rock but two dual monitor set ups is better. I run Active sky and charts on one PC with two 17 inch monitors and Flight sim on a 24 inch monitor with my navs on my laptop. It is really cool

• 3 weeks later...

Have you got the latest driver??

I have the nVidia 8600mGT in my lappie and just loaded the 175.97 version forceware last night.

Drivers can be an issue if you have a Dell (as I do) as they restrict where you can load them from and what versions to use. I use a payed subscription service "driveragent" which checks for updates and finds the downloads for me. Sweet.

Even so, I have not had the issues you describe but have also not been totally trouble free. Some oddities since adding accel pack but i am hoping the new driver will help. I also run the nHancer utility that supposedly optimises settings for FSX or whatever you are running.

These are all recent add-ons but seem to be stable enough.

A couple of tips:

set the dual monitor arrangement from the nvidia control panel (right-click on desktop and open from menu)

"setup multiple displays" etc.

Also... optimise performance by going to vista control panel (or xp I guess) - system - advanced system settings - performance - set for best performance (as opposed to best appearance) This removes a lot of the bells and whistles which can tax the graphics card a bit. you can always put it back when you have finished.

Archived