First PNW flight

Guest J van E

Guest J van E

I just did my first flight above PNW, taking JV's route from 74S to KBVS, 3W5 and as final destination 1S2 (without the beta's of the upcoming addons, of course  ;) ). I flew at spring, which definitely will be my favorite PNW-season due to the full green colors. On purpose I did not load fancy weather or dusk or dawn, so I (and you) could really see how it all looks like 'out of the box'.

I sort of expected FTS Australia-like scenes, but boy, was I wrong... This really is a different territory!

The first thing I noticed were those trees... THOSE TREES...!!! They look gorgeous! They seem to have a lot more depth than the 'old' trees, absolutely beautiful textures, but there are also a lot of different trees out there, with different colors! I was used to seeing forests with copies of the same trees everywhere, but here (well, at least where I flew) it is so varied! Even in towns and so on! Absolutely awesome!

I also really loved the (lower) mountains, which also look more varied with not just trees or gras on them, but rocks, sand, stuff, things, I don't know what. And those high mountains, man, totally different from down under!

And then the houses and so on: again, such a variation! And what I really loved was how the airports were 'decorated': no more empty barren default airfields! Even on these PNW-default airfields you can see lots of things! Ah, well, let the pictures speak for themselves. ;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

All in all PNW shows incredible variation. The world is extremely full (of course having autogen at extremely dense helps...!) and absolutely beautiful. I sure won't be flying anywhere else for quite some time. (Not even down under, I have to say...!)

I will now go and see how Seattle looks and performs with my current extremely dense autogen.

Downloaded last night while I slept (slow, but it got there!).  Had to fly in RL this morning (a little hop in a Piper Cherokee for the proverbial $100 breakfast).  So, now about to fire up PNW for the first time.  I'm going to duplicate this flight.  Thanks for the suggestion. 

Archived