Particle effects GFX problem

Arran OLeary

Firstly let me thank those that helped me with my validation problems. You guys have provided tech support like no other - awesome!

However your efficiency has prompted me to ask another question, which I'm not certain was as a consequence of installing the AUBlue pack.

Since installing, all the particle effects now appear as black translucent squares. Ie. Waves are black squares, tire & engine smoke, contrails, dust etc.

The only other thing I've done since he AUBlue install was to change the config file as per the instruction in the FPS advice.

Any assistance appreciated.

P.S. Not savvy enough to add an image although I've got plenty on file!  :-[

Cheers

Azza

My current system was doing fine with FSX initially, and I can't work out what I changed that would make it go funny. Here's the specs anyway:

Intel Dual Core E6600 @2.40GHz

4GB RAM

64bit Vista Home Premium with SP1 and updates

320MB NVidia GF8800 GTS w169.25 driver

Some of the beta testers reported issues with the latest NVidia drivers with SP2 - I think this is one such issue. I'll have to let one of testers with an NVidia card handle this one as I have an ATI in my system.

Can you also please let us know what your graphics settings are for your card and the FSX settings?

Here are my specs, and the settings are pretty much default. 1680x1050 resolution  32bit colour, with everything else set to 'let application decide'. The only changes I tend make are to the GFX fan speeds, as it has a tendancy to over heat during summer!

My FSX settings are exactly as specified in you forums, adjusting traffic sliders as necessary to obtain resonable frame rates depending on area.

Im not that computer savvy, so I don't tend to tinker much unless I know what I'm doing.

NVIDIA System Information report created on: 04/17/2008 20:02:31

System name: AARON-PC

[Display]

Processor: Intel® Core2 CPU          6600  @ 2.40GHz (2400 MHz)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista x64 (Service Pack 1)

DirectX version: 10.0

GPU processor: GeForce 8800 GTS

ForceWare version: 169.25

Total available graphics memory: 2111 MB

Dedicated video memory: 320 MB

System video memory: 0 MB

Shared system memory: 1791 MB

Video BIOS version: 60.80.0d.00.02

IRQ: 16

Bus: PCI Express x16

[Components]

nvCplUIR.dll 1.4.16.02 NVIDIA Control Panel

nvCpl.cpl 1.5.600.00 NVIDIA Control Panel Applet

nvExpBar.dll 1.5.600.00 NVIDIA Control Panel

nvCplUI.exe 1.5.600.00 NVIDIA Control Panel

nvViTvSR.dll 7.15.11.6222 NVIDIA Video and TV Server

nvViTvS.dll 7.15.11.6925 NVIDIA Video and TV Server

nvDispSR.dll 7.15.11.6222 NVIDIA Display Server

NVMCTRAY.DLL 7.15.11.6925 NVIDIA Media Center Library

nvDispS.dll 7.15.11.6925 NVIDIA Display Server

NVCPL.DLL 7.15.11.6925 NVIDIA Compatible Windows Vista Display driver, Version 169.25

nvGameSR.dll 7.15.11.6222 NVIDIA 3D Settings Server

nvGameS.dll 7.15.11.6925 NVIDIA 3D Settings Server

Just for your info, I run Vista, but 32 bit, and an 8800GTS, but have none of your problems. Wish I could help, but I'm not computer savvy.  However, it always helps when someone has a similar card just to confirm that the card by itself is not the problem. Hope you get it fixed soon.

Prof

• 3 weeks later...

Well I eventually got the {insert swear word here} with my particle boxes so I did a complete reinstall of FSX, patches and FTX plus hot fixes and its now looking a treat.

Who knows????, but thank you all for your assistance. FTX Rocks as does the product support.

Cheers,

Azza

Archived