Sinking Ferry Boats

I am running P3Dv4.4 with Orbx Global Base, Vector, Pacific Nortwest, North American Open Land Class, Global Airport Pack.

In Seattle's Puget sound, near the Space Needle, there are sinking Ferry Boats. I am not sure this is caused by Orbx or not, but thought I would start here. See attached screen shots.

Thanks

2019-4-12_17-23-29-266.jpg

2019-4-12_17-24-59-78.jpg

Hello,

What you are seeing is typical behavior of the default ships and  ferry traffic  as a consequence of more accurate shorelines provided by Orbx products. Although the routes work with default FSX or P3D, when using  Orbx PNW ferries try to go across dry land, run aground, or hit unseen obstacles and even sink.  The PNW ferry system started as an attempt to fix these issues by providing authentic routes as well as replace the ugly default boats with realistic ones.

Here's a link that probably could do with a current summary -- sometime when I get the energy to do it. But there will be a pertinent update that I will describe fairly soon.

12 hours ago, Stratocruiser said:

I look forward to getting your update. I assume it will be announced in this forum?

Hi Howard,

Yes, the minor update (for compatibility ) will be announced on the PNW ferries thread.

Archived