Blurry TrueEarth GB South

Hi All,

I posted in the settings thread but this seems to be a slightly different issue so starting a new one here. Hope that's ok!

I'm suffering with really blurry terrain with TE GBS. Things start off sharp but after flying for a few minutes it blurs out and can take over a minute to load back in. It looks horrible, as you can see in the attached screenshot.

My settings are the same as John's in the 4K settings thread. In fact I actually backed off the autogen to see if this alleviated the load. FPS are not a problem, I'm getting in the 40s-50s in an external view and 30s in the VC, and locking FPS makes no difference.

I'm running P3D v4.4, on an i7 4770k at 4.2GHz, GTX1060 and 16GB DDR3. The only thing I can think is that I've had to put the Orbx scenery on a 2TB hard drive which is only a 5400rpm rather than my SSD due to its size. I'm not sure if this could have this effect though. Task manager shows disk activity has plenty of headroom, though CPU usage is at or near 100%.

Anyone got any ideas what's wrong here?

2019-4-14_17-26-21-538.bmp

Hi, twright,

I have almost the same issue, even flying over True Earth Netherland or FranceVFR Sceneries.

My setting are aswell the same than John Venema, and just installed P3D V4.5 update, but I don't see any upgrade.

I don't know what to do to get a sharp display.

my P3D is on a 1To SSD HDD.

I installed the 4.5 update and although I managed to get further before the blurries hit, it's still not fixed...

In trying to diagnose I have cleared my Shaders and the cfg file and let it rebuild. I've also tried with Hyperthreading both on and off, and with locked and unlocked frames.

Sadly this wonderful package is all but unusable for me until I can get to the bottom of this :(

Archived