How Do I Link another SSD to X-Plane 11 on my Current SSD?

isfun2fly

My technical knowledge about how to link another SSD with more ORBX titles to the SSD I have exclusively dedicated to X-Plane 11 is slim or none.  As I run out of storage space with my current 500 GB SSD, I need help understanding how to create the pathways so that I can run various X-Plane ORBX titles from my current SSD and the future SSD that I'll need to run more titles.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Scott 

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for this advice Fizzelle!  I've been reading a lot of posts and yours is the one I'm understanding the best at this time.  I'm looking forward to more ORBX products to help with realism of the simulator.  I will do my best to follow.  Happy flying!  Scott 

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Fizzelle - Thank you for your outline of how to create a symbolic link.  I was able to move my Custom Scenery over to a 1 TB SSD (which is now half filled).  A question - now that I have 428 GB free on my X-Plane drive, is there a way to use that space for, say airports?  I have TEGB North, Central, South, and Meigs Field with no airport titles.  I am looking forward to USA PNW and figured I'd need most of what is left on the 1 TB SSD for that.  Can I link multiple sites such as my X-Plane SSD and My 1TB scenery drive to the custom scenery folder?  Thanks for any help.  Scott :)

Scott, you can use symbolic links from multiple hard drives and locations to your custom scenery folder, yes! So you can choose wherever you want.

I have files on 3 drives and link them to one custom scenery folder. I have one drive for airports,  one for scenery etc etc. I keep my X plane neat and light on a fast SSD.

Archived