Disappointed in 4.5

Hi Folks!

I updated the client and the content per Poppet's instructions https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6322&t=120861 and I am finding that loading times for scenery's like ORBX's TrueEarth Netherlands have actually increased from 5 minutes to 10 minutes...still stuck at 6%.  In addition the blurrys have returned to photoscenery.  Other loading times have decreased-a good thing, but I was truly hoping for the magic bullet with complex scenery as advertised. To say the least I am extremely disappointed in the performance with complex photoscenery. 

4 hours ago, ibelarry said:

Hi Folks!

I updated the client and the content per Poppet's instructions https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6322&t=120861 and I am finding that loading times for scenery's like ORBX's TrueEarth Netherlands have actually increased from 5 minutes to 10 minutes...still stuck at 6%.  In addition the blurrys have returned to photoscenery.  Other loading times have decreased-a good thing, but I was truly hoping for the magic bullet with complex scenery as advertised. To say the least I am extremely disappointed in the performance with complex photoscenery. 

Hey Folks!

I need to update my critique of 4.5.  The loading time issues with TrueEarth Netherlands is not due to 4.5 update but an issue with the latest update for TrueEarth Netherlands.  After disabling sheds, greenhouses and lighthouses in the TE NLD control panel my loading times improved significantly as a matter of fact loading times of other intensive ORBX scenery such as Orlando and Gold Coast loading times were dramatically improved.

That is awesome.    Yes, with P3D V4.5, you should see huge improvements in CityScene products in two ways:

1. Load times when starting within the scenery are greatly reduced.
  2. Load times when entering the scenery area from outside the region are greatly reduced.

Perhaps #2 above is even more important as it affects in-flight visuals.

Enjoy V4.5.  I really feel like it is a game changer for complex scenery products.

Archived