Douglas SBD (A-24) Dauntless

alan2

The Dauntless first entered service in mid-1939 and distinguished itself in the Battle of Midway against Japanese carriers Akagi, Kaga, Soryu and Hiryu. Its capacity to absorb battle damage made it a rugged adversary and is one of aviation history's classic warplanes.

As you know, a new release. It needs a patch- I have a square panel missing between the rudder pedals and can see the ground. I tell ya its the wrong place for a 100 mph draft !!

Also, a more comprehensive manual would be better, more specific on power settings. Pictures show the rear gunner with canopy slid back, guns hanging out in readiness. Theres no mention of this in the manual and I havent yet found out how to operate , not sure if you can. ...oh yes, Vertigo Studios built.

This is a good model and up there with the others. Engine damage is possible as I found out - it glides ok. Also inverting this is obviously not to its liking as it coughs and splutters. Still checking it out. 

Its a dive bomber......... bombs away...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

[

img]http://www.fsfiles.org/imagehost/uploads/1267103344.jpg

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

WHAT Tony...ME...bomb paliament....no way.....just testing the quality of their ceiling insulation .( topical joke ) 

And yes DD, the paint comes with it. It comes in two models -an easy fly and an "intermediate" fly. Depends if you want your engine to catch fire and feel the physics of dive bombing  or not . I think there is about three paints, 6 selections , cant check.

Thanks for the comments peoples  :D

Archived