Navigation software?

Is there a way to get ALL the new freeware airfield to show up in FS Commander flight planning software. I have tryed and can only get some off them to show up. The reason I ask is that I like to pre plan my flights using FS Commander before fireing up FSX and then just load my saved flight plan into FSX.

Thanks.

Cap Man.

Unless you enter exact latitudes and longitudes of each airfield(Hard Work, Trust Me), you can't enter each one into FS commander because very few of them have

AFCADS(Airport Locators). So i would suggest planning your routes to follow given directions(Read The Manual) and then work from there

btw it is far more fun to just start somewhere and actually look around, More of a challenge really :D

Cheers Nick for that. You see I was planning on doing a grand tour of Oz calling at every airfield that FS Commander could find. I guess I will have leave some out for now and spend some time looking for and calling at those I leave out as seperate VFR pleasure flights.

Cap Man.

• 1 month later...

Iti s quite a simple matter to place a user waypoint at each airfield, as you find them, in FS Commander. This doesn't give you a nav aid, but you can use it for future navigation. If you want to be more precise you could use a program such as ADE to make an AFD file for the aifield which only shows the airfield lat and long. This would then show in FS Commander, but without any airfield details.

Norman

Edit: the AFD would contain details such as ICAO code, elevation and location, but not runways or parking.

Archived