Newbie!!

Doc Scott

Hi there !

I just dropped in,  to convince myself to buy these more than astonishing add-ons for MS FSX.

I saw only a few screenies up to now,but the ones I've seen make me speechless.

I heard alot about FTX /ORBX and thought by myself:Enter their forum and have  a look.

And OMG,all what I've  heard and seen before  is TRUE!!!

I immediately downloaded this" YSTW TextureFLow Beta" - to test - but then I  could read and understand ( I am a german  ;) )

that it is only for an already installed version of YSTW. What a pity!

But as soon as I can afford it,I will get one of your products.

Till then I will drop in regularly to see more of your beautiful country in FSX

with regards,

Scott

Guest J van E

I think you will be very happy to know there is a free demo available of AU Blue containing the entire island of Tasmania, which is more than enough to keep you going for quite some time! And there is no time limit or anything on it, so... until you can afford some Orbx-product, enjoy this one!!! This way you will be able to see 'more of your beautiful country in FSX' on your very own computer!  ;)

Beware though: it'll make you want more for sure...  8)

P.S. While you are at that download page, be sure to also download the freeware YMLY airport, which is situated on Tasmania! And you could also take a look at the free OZx airports, which contains a lot of extra airports for Tasmania too. All for free!  :D Yes, it's incredible what you can get for free...!  :D

Welcome to the forum.

I see someone has beaten me to it with regards to the free AU Blue demo you can get. As already stated it covers the whole of Tasmania (just one seaon) and also includes Launceston airport which a good indication to the quality of other Orbx payware airports. You've really nothing to lose in giving that a try.

With regards to purchasing Orbx products at a later date I would suggest either getting the SP3 or SP2 DVD first before any additional airports. You can use the payware airports as stand-alone products with the default FSX scenery but to show them off at their best you also need he corresponding FTX region in which that airport is situtated. Getting either the SP3 or SP2 DVD means you'll get all regions in one go. SP3 is the most up-to-date and comes with the Coffs Harbour payware airport thrown in. The SP2 DVD comes with the Avalon payware airport and is exceptional value at roughly half the price of SP3, and can be updated to SP3 for FREE.

Personally I got the SP3 DVD and then gradually purhased all of the airports. If money is a consideration the SP2 DVD makes good sense, you just have the added task of upgrading it to SP3. Try the demo though, I'm sure you'll like it and soon find yourself investing in Orbx scenery. HTH.  :)

Archived