Great learning tool for navigation

Wonderbadger

I'm taking my first baby-steps of learning to fly a 3 axis microlight in the UK and have started to learn navigation (I'm doing things out of order as its not good flying weather at the moment!).  This morning at home I planned a simple 3 leg wind corrected route as a bit of practice and flew it in X-Plane with TE - the end result, I'm even more impressed with TE now.  All the nav points I'd noted were in the scenery and it's helping me to get a better understanding of air navigation.  I've got a long way to go and need to make sure I don't fall into any bad habbits on the sim but its a good start.  I was originally using Ortho4XP scenery and was sceptical about TE being worth it but after seeing it at the Cosford show it was impressive, the colour matching and the way autogen sits naturally in the scenery means I don't have to spend weeks or months trying to get my own scenery up to that standard, add to that the number of landmarks to help with navgiation and its a no-brainer - thanks to the Orbx team for producing such a great add-on.

Archived