Lake Mystery

David Mills

Can anyone suggest a possible answer to a lake that disappeared for no apparent reason? I have all the main ORBX products including Vector. I live in Huntington, WV and usually take off in P3D from Tri-State Airport. Southeast of the airport -- only a few miles away -- there is a large lake called "East Lynn Lake." I'd flown over it hundreds of times before. A few days ago, however, I noticed that the lake was missing from the sim. Vector is still supplying innumerable tiny streams and roads near the airport. But the lake has disappeared. I thought perhaps the change of seasons was affecting the scenery, so I carefully rotated all four seasons through the sim and the lake didn't show up in any of them. I even tried deleting Vector altogether and reinstalling it. The reinstallation went without a hitch, but still no East Lynn Lake. Vector, however, continues to beautifully display thousands of tiny, detailed roads and streams and rivers, etc. throughout the area. I'm stumped. I realize that my disappearing lake is not the worst thing in the world, but it was there previously, and I'm very curious what happened to it or how I messed things up. Any speculation would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

David Mills

Huntington, WV

Archived