TextureFlow Tech Questions

drumsonly2002

I appreciate how busy you must be, and do not want to chain you down to the forum answering my questions. That being said, reply if you have the time, no offense taken if not replying to questions.

TextureFlow (TF), ia an amazing breakthrough. So,

1. Any future plans to use this to make more complex objects, like trees, grass, clouds as a stand alone add on? IE: Orbx Trees, clouds etc?

2. Austrailia given the TF treatment?

3. Plans for an Orbx world?

4. Orbx aircraft? If TF added to aircraft skins = more FPS = more air traffic

5. TF water? Imagine how that would improve FPS!

6. TF Cockpits. I do not know if the cockpit graphics effect FPS, if so, would TF be used in this way?

You guys are very busy, reply if and when you feel like it. Thank you for making great products for us to enjoy.

PS: All comments welcome about TF regardless of questions.

From watching John's YTube video, a few questions were touched on.

1. Objects like grass and cars can recieve the TF treatment.

2. My guess is it will be.

3. My guess, Orbx is very progressive, it's  good bet they will.

My unqualified response to the above questions is based on gut reaction and speculation not any direct information from Orbx. The main thought is Orbx pushing the boundries and have in place excellent technologies and techniques with what they do.

• 5 months later...

I've just read the topic to which Tim posted a link above and have a question.  Given the impact of Seattle on frame rates while flying in PNW, has TextureFlow been applied to the objects in that area (if of course there's anything in that area to which it can be applied) ?

Thanks in advance,

Ro

Archived