Prepared 3 D V 4 but until now FSX Steam

LFA811

Dear,

I am running FSX Steam until now and have really a lot ORBX sceneries FSX based.

Now I want to switch to Prepared 3 D Version 4 and the question is if I have to buy all my sceneries new for Prepared 3 D ?

Or Am I able to download all Prepared 3 D versions also?

best regards Michel

Hi Michel. No you don’t have to buy all your Orbx scenery again. But please do not uninstall your FSX Steam yet as when you install P3Dv4 and you use FTX Central you will get a choice to install your Orbx scenery to FSX Steam or P3Dv4. Select P3Dv4 and Central will use your Steam Orbx scenery to copy over to your P3Dv4 installation. Hope you get what I mean as I’m not very good at explaining things. Derek.

In fact, FTX Central will use some (a lot) of the FSX OXBX scenery files to copy in your P3D folders, and will download the P3Dv4 missing files only. This will save you a lot of downloading time.  Once all your P3Dv4 ORBX sceneries have ben installed , you could uninstall FSX.

Mike (Michel)

Hi Guys,

Unfortunate I had multiply issues and my PC crashed.

So after reinstalling Windows 10 and Prepared 3 D version 4 I tried to install FTX central again but this does not work due to un unexpected error.

I already posted this on the forum.

So When this is solved ( I saw there are some issues on the ORBX server) I can start over.

Now I have to wait until the FTX Central program is working again.

best regards Michel

Try running FTX Central in Admin mode and try turning off Windows UAC (User Account Control), and excludes FTX Central (folder) from your antivirus/firewall program to scan it.  If it still not working, put back your settings as before.

Mike

Dear Mike,

Also when I run in admin mode and virus scanner off same result.

Also when I allow the installer in my virus program it does not work.

It looks if the installer is corrupt or so?

setings put back is not possible since I had to reinstall everything new as clean install

best regards

Michel

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 2:39 PM, Mikelab6 said:

...  If it still not working, put back your settings as before.

I mean, antivirus, firewall and UAC back to what it was....

Someone from ORBX will have to have a look at your issue...

Archived