FTX AI 2.00 and Constable Traffic Sounds

Hi

I recently updated my AI files to the new ORBX release – FTXAUTRAFFIC200.

At the same time, I upgraded from Alan Constable's Traffic Sounds Ultimate to Traffic Sounds Extreme.

As a result of this, I now have only partial application of your sound files to my AI. For example, the Jetstar aircraft seem to be flying in silence. Othe4r aircraft are fine (sound works)..

Having checked the relevant files (e.g. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAI_AIRCRAFT\FTX_Cessna 441\Soundai) the cfg file reveals the following entry: [fltsim]

alias=\..\..\..\SimObjects\Airplanes\Beech_Baron_58\soundai

This suggests that the alias installer, that was released with ‘extreme’ may only be making partial entries now that RBX has updated its AI traffic.

So, I wonder if there is an updated installer? Or is there some other

advice about how best to resolve this issue?

Thanks.

All aircraft sounds for the FTX AU Traffic V2.0 pack have been aliased to the various FSX default aircraft. If the aisound files for those default aircraft are changed or moved, then you will have no sounds for your FTX AI aircraft.

Unless Alan Constable's Traffic Sounds pack adjusts the FTX aisound files for you, you will need to modify each manually.

Perhaps you could follow this up with Alan to see if he has plans for an updated installer.

Archived