credit where credit is due, and I know! Thanks

britfrog

I, probably more than most people here, is best qualified to judge the recent TE UK scenery release. I have flown  a parchute dropping a/c throughout the south of the UK for over 30 years , dropping mostly miltary teams into school fetes, village fetes, county shows , you get the picture. Finding a Drop Zone near a 2 horse village at best can be challenging, likewise finding your downwind leg to a drop being directly overhead Birmingham airport equally requires accurate piloting and good ATC., so I know the lay of the land and how to find things visually, I also have the whole of the UK in ortho between ZL 17 and 18 to compare TE Uk with in my P.C.,  so I can  compare the new release with reality, and its competition, TE UK is not perfect, it could never be! rivet counters and officianados are pointing out its shortcomings daily, however as far as being  a fully immersing experience, whislt retaining good fps and an accuracy /immersion that beats ortho almost all of the time, TrueEarth Great Britain South  has set new standards for the competition to follow, It is the closest thing to reality that our simualtor can create for the moment, and this after spending 3 frustrating days trying to beat TE UK into installing correctly,

welcome to the new world of flight simulation!!

and well done Orbx

Archived