Holgermesh Question

kerrysl

I have FTX AU SP2 (updated to SP3), which includes Holgermesh which is great. I have some questions about it though.

1. Is this the same or better than the 76m SRTM meshes?

2. Does Holgermesh only cover Australia or surrounding areas as well eg. Papua New Guinea?

3. If yes to Q2, then there is an issue at Mount Hagen in PNG. The airport is in a 700 foot deep bowl. The airport data is actually quite correct to real world data of 5,363 ft for airport altitude, however the mesh at that location is at 6040 feet, hence the bowl effect. I have fixed this with ADE lifting the airport and environs to 6040 feet, however do you have any idea why the terrain mesh is incorrect at this location? Is the mesh fixable?

4. There is a PNG mesh available. Should I use this in preference or in addition to Holgermesh? If yes, I guess it should be listed higher in the scenery library than Holger?

Thanks to anyone who can assist my lack of knowledge in this area.

Hello Kerry,

1, it is the same but better as it is hand tailored to work perfectly with the FTX package, and all of our Australian work is built on Holgermesh

2, yes it only covers Australia, not PNG

3, This has nothing to do with us :)

4, Yes by all means use the PNG mesh, it can only be better than default FSX

Hope that helps

Tim

Thanks Tim,

I will grab the PNG mesh and see if it throws my Mount Hagen airport 700 feet up into the air (or more likely on a plateau).

It may need to wait a few days though as I am near my broadband download limit.

Again, thanks for the response.

Hi Tim,

I will grab the OZx PNG mesh as soon as I can. Will then see what it does to Mount Hagen.

BTW, I could get a 737 out of that bowl, but no way could I get it back in. Thank goodness for ADE to give me a temporary fix.

Hi Tim,

Got the OzX PNG mesh and as I suspected my amended Mount Hagen was true to its name up on a 700 foot plateau. Deleted all the ADE files and airport back where it should be. PNG mesh does indeed fix it. Thanks for your help.

Archived