Is this normal? Or am I just stupid.

jgruschow

Firstly I did a complete re-install of fsx before installing FTX.

I have FTX, The Freware pcskage and Holgar's mesh installed. I also have a few new airfields installed in the "freeware/scenery " folder. There is nothing else installed in FSX. 

The mesh and the ftx folders are in "scenery library" in their correct order and an empty addon scenery folder. Nothing else.

As the result of a missing trees problem, I did some experimenting. I discovered that it made no difference if FTX mode was on or off. I had exactly the same on my screen, except for some missing trees.

I switched off  ftx mode and reloaded fsx. Just the same. So I turned it back on again and re-loaded fsx. My trees miraculously appeared.

It seems to me that FTX mode should be turned off before adding any new scenery. If this is the case I think it should be published in CAPITAL letters. It would have saved me a sleepless night.

But what puzzles me is why were the trees the only thing missing. The airstrips and accessories were all in place. Just missing trees.

Not funny.

Hi Jack,

I suspect that when you "un-installed" your fsX and all that came with it, you forgot to clear out ALL things that come with that, the hidden fsX folders in various places and also the registry entries, hence when you "Re-Install" it, things are still going to end slightly messed up as it still wil use the previously installed (NOT REMOVED) cfg files.

As for the subject of adding New Scenery, it is clearly stated in the various posts all over this board that we advice to switch FTX mode [glow=red,2,300]OFF[/glow] BEFORE installing any addons.

Archived