Albert Park, Victoria looks like a Western NSW farm

vozpilot247

Hi,

Flew a VFR flight out of YMMB today and noticed for the first time that Albert Park Lake looks more like a Western NSW farm than a rich green inner city parkland.  There are no trees drawn in the space and while some basic identifiable buildings are present (GP pit building, MSAC) and the basic road layout is correct the texture itself looks out of place.

I don't recall it looking like this before but after trying to roll back some recent other Orbx installations I can't get it to look right.  I have been using FTX Australia for years, FTX Global base and Vector for about 6 months and it's never looked like this.  Recently I have added FTX Trees, Gold Coast CityScene and YBCG but as stated, rolling back these changes doesn't seem to have an effect.

I have also tried turning off and on the "I have FTX Australia Installed" in the FTX Global settings just in case.

Why is this the case?

My scenery library order is as follows:

ORBXLIBS

NZSI STUFF

FTXAA_GoldCoast

FTX AIRPORTS

FTXAU

ORBX!OPENLC

Other Addon Scenery

Default Scenery

APLFarms.thumb.jpg.56971f695dbff4b5596bd38070d6e997.jpg

I'm not 100% sure but I think v3.3.0.6 is the current release to the public. That's what I am currently on and it has "Verify files"

Looking at the sim, your screenshot doesn't look anywhere near default/base sim scenery, so that's a plus. Are all your FTXAU entries in the scenery library turned on? looks like there should be 13 entries beginning with FTXAU.   

Ok,

Ran the toubleshooter thingy in the Orbx folder and it reported a bad checksum on the Melbourne polygon file. 

Uninstalled FTX_AU, redownloaded and re-installed.  Problem fixed.

FWIW, I also downloaded and installed FTX Central from the website and got 3.2.5.9 again.  Thought it would make sense that FTX Central does it's own version check.... everything else in there does.

Thanks for your help.  It at least helped me track it down to an FTX AU problem.

Archived