Installation problem

When I click on the "FTX Central" icon, I immediately receive a message:

"Runtime Error locating the the Registry entry for FSX.  Object Reference not set to an instance of an object."

This problem occurs after running your Registry Fix Tool, "FSX_Registry_Fix.zip"

I have dot Net version 3.5 with all current updates and patches installed.

Operating system is Windows XP Pro, Pentium IV, 3.2GHz cpu, 2GB of RAM.

The files after unpacking "FTXAUBLUEDEMOSP3.zip" are located in C:\Program Files\ORBX\

I've removed all the ORBX/FTX files I can see.  I had no way to reset to "FSX default" FSX is currently operating normally.

Any ideas? 

Hi Daniel - i have the exact same problem in Vista - bought a few regions  - downloaded following advice exactly - will not load for the same reason  as you have stated - I'll have to look elswhere in the formus for an answer

quad pentium, 4 gig ram,  twin ati graphics cards to 8 gig visual ram

did you install the scenery by rightclicking the installer and installing it as Administrator ?

Do you have your UserAccountControl turned OFF ?

Did you check that the registry entry for your fsX install is correct ?

For support issues please be so kind and add your ordernumber(s)

Info on how to do this is here: http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=1415.0

• 4 weeks later...

FINALLY!  Here is the utility that pointed FTXCentral to my FSX registry.  (hope I'm not out of line by mentioning the website)  www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library  Near the bottom of the page is "FSX/FS9 Registry Repair Tool (36KB)"  Downloaded and ran this utility and my FSX registry is found!  Will now run the demo when I get the time tomorrow or next day.

Cheers,    Bill aka dancingdaniel

Archived