toned down..

dmrich28

After playing with FSX Go the 1st time this is what I came up with. You have to remember my system sucks..Q6600@2.4Ghz, 4G ram, NVidia 8800 on Vista 32bit.

I traded a bit of autogen think this is at 1000/1000 but with a bit of traffic in air and ground was a steady 28fps.

ARRGGHH..I guess I should shop for a new system soon..but it's ok and flyable even though I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO jealous of you guys with Super-systems!

(I liked the clouds in this shot though)  :)

ok..done venting.

Dave

Posted Image

If I got 28fps I would trade back some autogen. You may have seen some of my screen shots - dont know what fps Im getting and now its against the law to even look  :P ( my nown rules ) . I helps somehow .  Good autogen ,mostly  smooth  in all areas with a couple of exceptions , but having gone through the tweaking phase I can live quite happily with a couple of "faults" . I got an 8600 @ 2.5ghz and 3GB ram  :)

For some reason this machine is far better now than 12-18 months ago  8)  ???    .....maybe that total re-install  did it  ;D

yeah...I get the feeling some people wouldnt put up with the little micro stutters and everything that my system gives me but...dangit...it looks good!  I remember solid green 'grass' with white lines.  We had all of 16 colors with our high tech EGA cards.

I think the clouds look great.  Is that REX?  They do cirrus really well.

I run trees at 1800 and buildings at 800.  I use a SmallParticleReject Radius of 4.  I think that helps.

thanks alan2, I'll take a look at the Radius 4 setting.

I really don't care about large autogen settings (especially trees)..I think it looks bad IMO when there are too many trees.

yes it's REX 2.0 cirrus set 2 at about 40,000 feet , play with coverage settings.

Dave

Archived