How To: Configuring Toe Brakes in FSX (so they don't 'remain on')

freddy

In another thread ("CH Pedals" http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=17406.0), I see a number of people mentioning rudder pedals and toe brakes that "remain on" or come on when the pedals are touched.  I posted the following in that thread, but decided it may be a bit more visible and be of benefit to others if it had a thread of its own.

This method works for me with CH pedals, but I understand that it works with other pedals as well.

How to set differential braking with rudder pedals:

This solution is thanks to Bob Chruch from CH Products via the CH forums.  Open the Flight Sim Sensitivity and Null Zone dialog and set the Null Zone sliders fully to the left. Set the Sensitivity sliders fully to the right. Now go into the Control Assignments dialog and check the toe brakes making sure the "Reversed" boxes are checked on the axis assignments.

With this fix you may have a lot of deadzone at the top of the pedal travel but can go into the Sensitivity and Null Zone dialogs again and move the sliders to the right until you like the way it feels.

A point to note.

In the "CH Pedals" thread the discussion was obviously about CH Pedals.  It was suggested in that thread by jblb2009 that the CH pedals should be calibrated through CH's own Control Manager software because calibrating them through Flight Simulator alone will not fix the issue of brakes coming on when you have released the pedals.

Having CH pedals, I am indeed using the CH Control Manager Software.  jblb2009 may be correct.  Because I do use the CH Control Manager software, I have no way of confirming.

You don't have to use the software for either  BUT it makes manageing them esier and as for extra processes, it makes NO difference. 

Saitek peddles  need to be reversed on their axis and the sensativity turned up to about 50 % and the dead zone set at around 5-10% .

Brakes will remain OFF unless deployed.

Archived