Scenery cfg file error

mauries

I am an absolute beginner at this and I am trying to install the Au ftx terrain scenery.  I have loaded the cd but when I start MS fsx I get these msgs

Scenery cfg file error. local scenery directory orb\ftx_au48_custom scenery area .116 not found

(ditto for 117,118,119)!

Any suggestions out there?

Thanks

Mauries

Port Macquarie

G'day Mauries,

Sorry to hear you are having problems getting FTX to run. First up you'll need to advise your order number so we can provide assistance. See this thread for an explanation -

http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=1415.0

Other things to confirm are the directory of your FSX installation and what operating system you are using? From the information you have provided above it looks as if the install couldn't find the correct path to FSX. Also the installation should install into OrbX directory - not Orb as you have indicated above?

Get back to us with the above info so we can try and help with your problem.

I dont pretend to know a lot, especially Vista - but the information that you have supplied is a little bit sparse for the guys that do know to try and help you

When you installed FSX originally - did you just let it install to the defaults?

When you "loaded" the CD for FTX - did you just allow it to "do it's thing"? - or did you tell it to install somewhere other than the defaults?

It may also help the more knowlegable guys if you were to put up your full computer specs as well because that may have some bearing on it

Sorry that I am not much help but I had absolutely no problem even though I have a very old system (XP) with multiple drives and I installed FSX on a non-standard one and the CD found it all 1st go - sure it was VERRRRY slow but it all worked

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

I have the exact same problem!

I just purchased the "OrbxFTXAUBlue" pack and downloaded it. Installed fine with no errors, but when I loaded FSX it came up with the exact same errors messages as in mauries's first post.

Order Number: FSS0005951

Order Date: 2008-05-14

More Details:

Using Windows Vista SP1.

Flight Simulator X Deluxe SP2.

.net framework 3.0 already installed.

Please help us...

Cheers for the reply.

I've already tried applying all the patches and it didn't make a difference. Also this was the only related thread I could find. They others seems to have another problem. I've discovered that the files are indeed missing.

I've got another computer in the house running XP SP3 and that installed AUBLUE just fine, although it crashes FSX as soon as I try and start a replay.

I tried manually copying the entire FSX Folder structure from my spare computer to my main machine running Vista. I can now see the AUBLUE scenery, and instant replay works... but for some reason when I load instant replay half the textures are missing (like highways, textures etc.)

Any ideas? :(

Archived