TrueEarth Netherlands: Blurry textures slow loading with SSD?

Hello,

Im still having that problem that the ground textures are not loading properly in distance. Even tho I have the LOD slider already on MAX. The problem appears especially in heights above 2500 ft. The screenshots below were from around 12.000 feet.

Another problem:  Generally I noticed very slow ground texture loading, even with all that TE stuff on a fast Samsung 950 Evo SSD. Of course when im flying in a Cessna 182 with only 90 - 100 kts texture loading is okay, still not good compared to OpenLC but better....

But with 160+ kts its getting worse. Even on approach with pre-loaded textures its still getting blurry 500 ft above landing.

Screenshots:

Sim was stopped and textures and all stuff reloaded at that time. BTW when moving with around 300 KIAS on 12k feet TE Netherlands ground textures looking far worse as shown on that screen. I will put these on later. Screens were taken in 4k Hardware: Intel i7-8700K, 16 GB DDR4-3200, Geforce GTX 1080 Ti, 1 TB Samsung 850 Evo

https://imgur.com/a/yXw5BhA

HiFlyer, 

Its almost impossible to identity your bottleneck with such limited information available; can I suggest you also provide details such as: -

• Graphics settings within the application
  • Graphics settings in the NVidia control panel 
  • GPU usage
  • VRAM usage
  • CPU Usage across all cores
  • Memory usage
  • PageFile Usage 

Unfortunately even with a shiny new 1080TI,  if you have all or most settings maxed out, and are using a 4K monitor, then you're still gonna struggle somewhat as its tries to render such large detail.  

Remember that a 4K monitor (3840 x 2160) ..... displays a total of 8,294,400 pixels

That's significantly higher than a triple HD monitor setup 3*  (1920*1080) ..... a total of 6,220,800 pixels

Or a single HD setup (1920*1080)  ..... a total of 2,073,600 pixels

Terry 

• Guest locked this topic

Archived