OpenLC and regions together

wjmeier

I have posted this in the prepar3D forum as well. I installed all of the north america regions in p3Dv4.1. When flying out of KLAX and KSFO I get around 24 FPS in the city centers. Then I installed OpenLC_NA. My frame rates when flying out of KLAX and KSFO went down to around 10 to 12 FPS. I made sure that OpenLC_NA was BELOW the regions in the scenery library. I tried unchecking OpenLC_NA1 and OpenLC_NA2 in the scenery library. I even deleted OpenLC_NA1 and OpenLC_NA2 from the library. No change in the low frame rates. This doesn't make sense. I have a feeling that when you install OpenLC_NA, that is does more than just create two new folders in the p3D ORBX folder. I am at a loss. If the OpenLC scenery files are below the region files in the scenery library. P3D should ignore the OpenLC files. Am i right? I haven't tried this yet, but would it be wise to install OpenLC first, then the regions. Or would that make any difference.

Bill

No replies so far. I think it has been long enough. I have made one discovery that might have helped. After reinstalling P3D, I noticed that there was a folder in the C drive documents folder called P3D V4 add-ons. I noticed that there were two addons listed in that folder for scenery addons that I had deleted. This folder still included those two scenery addons (Washington X and New York City X). I completely deleted that folder. Then I reinstalled the ORBX regions. I installed Global Base first, then ORBX libraries, Then OpenLC NA, then the regions, then the airports. I installed each of these ORBX addons one at time. I opened p3D v4 and checked the scenery library after each install to make sure that things seemed to be in the right order. I now have all of the regions, airports and openLC NA installed, and my frame rates are good. At KLAX and KSFO I now am getting the 22 fps to 24 fps that I expect. I really don't know for sure what solved the problem. You can make your best guess, but I seem to be good now. You folks at the forum can mark this post as resolved. 

Bill

Archived