East to West - Leg 12

John York

This is a 92 mile flight to Ayreonga.  The names you fellers have!  It was supposed to be Hermannsburg but we'll be passing it on the way.

As I mentioned, when I flew in it must have been a Sunday .  Alice has now woken up and I'm in a squeeze!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just leaving Alice.  Now to get my bearings.  This should be the road but according to the map it wanders all over the place before it gets there.

Posted Image

Ah.  There's Hermannsburg airstrip and its little village or settlement

Posted Image

Now across the river which leads to Illamutta Springs

Posted Image

And here we are, Areyonga village

Posted Image

I'm not at all sure of the reception I'll get here because I don't have a landing permit.  I expect they'll be pleasant about it though not wanting to give one

of us Poms to have another moan!

Posted Image

The next flight on my journy is down to Yulara for a bit of rest and relaxation and to Uluru to have a look at Ayers Rock which I've been to before but

not with FTX.  I wonder how much it's changed?  Not a lot I suspect because Orbx and OZx addons are a bit sparse in the south of the Northern Territory.

John

Thank you ImageShack but I really don't need an Apple I Player even if I knew what it is!

Last flight was to Hopetoun, over a month ago, and the write ups are two flights behind that! (got sidetracked by a stage production, and paying work. Plus now I'm trying to get the next P-G update finished before Christmas...)

And yes, I shall go Scillonian  ;)

Yes, its a damn nuisance when work gets in the way isn't it?  I've been 'photogaphying' for a client most of this week and I'm supposed to be retired! ::)  I wanted to get my son to do it (he's a pro' in London) but he reckoned he's not going to travel all this way for the pittance they pay me! ;D

All the best

John

Archived