Spitfire scramble in the NT

gibo

Hi,

I had trouble recording multiple aircraft with FS Recorder at Cessnock, I thought that it might be the denser scenery using memory so I tried an OZX airfield near Darwin with default scenery and bing I realised that I was missing a step in the process.

Here are 5 Spitfires (12 maybe another day back at Cessnock) taking off. Batchelor was a WW2 airbase used by USAAF and RAAF aircraft.

I haven't flown much in NT. Looks like I will have to buy AU Red??

Excuse the bad video parts, I mainly wanted to do a test run. Next time I change views I will stop and start record to eliminate the texture change. Gee its hard trying to keep formation and think of all the recording steps. I have a little trick when to power up. I watch the aircraft next to current flyable aircraft and when the control surfaces move that's time to power up.

I hope you enjoy and yes Paul a full squadron would be great, maybe Christmas break for that one as it is very time consuming. I hope nobody asks for a "Mallory's Big Wing" takeoff. The background music is by Merlin.

Cheers,

gibo

Here is another. I added a few extra aircraft (9), a different coded aircraft (I only have 2 Aussie varieties  of the Real Air Spit) RG (Bobby Gibbs) & CC ("Killer" Clive Caldwell) 2 of Australia's greatest WW2 pilots. I did a bit of edting and at the start a 2 ship Beaufighter low fly over (not as low as I thought).

PS for those intereseted, their are 2 great books that I have read, "Killer Clive Caldwell" and "Nicky Barr, an Australian Air Ace". Nicky Barr is probably not as well known as some of the others. He went to England as a player with the Wallabies to play a Rugby test match but War broke out and he enlisted in the RAF?? and later RAAF. The book seems like an exciting fiction novel but it is real. For instance he was captured from memory 3 times and escaped 3 times. He crash landed in the desert and dressed as an Arab with a family riding camels back to British lines, pulled over by the Germans once.  Great reading. Clive Caldwell mentioned how the beer in the desert was warm so they put some in the gun bays of a Kittyhawk and flew to a high altitude where the freezing temerature chilled the beer. The English pilots probably loved the beer as it was ;)

Archived