texture switching and other oddities around Jacksonville, FL

Rongor

Hey there,

using P3Dv4 and using all of Orbx regions, openLC and Vectors, I have tiles switching texture while overflying the area of Jacksonville FL, a "line" halving waterways and the center of Jacksonville is empty of autogen. I guess the lines on the water may be Vector related. I suspect openLC NA being responsible for the rest though. And any idea what those ugly white areas are really supposed to look like?

Those white areas and the lines are visible in the screenshot below. For the switching textures and the autogen gap please watch the following video I made: https://youtu.be/Jh7hSaplSJE

IsXM9BBkQXyjqH9lJPavSg.png

Btw notice that odd looking texture in the bottom left of the screenshot?

Thanks for looking into all this!

I could solve most of the problems by reinstalling OpenLC NA.

Doing that migration forcing for the lclookup before didn't change the situation.

What is rather odd, is that I had OLC Europe and North America installed, activated and sitting in the correct place in the library order for months now and apparently both didn't show in the sim (P3Dv4). Reinstalling both made them show up again. Frankly I didn't even notice it until I saw screenshots from other of locations I could directly compare with. I flew thousands of miles while slowly accepting that apparently the OLC doesn't bring that much improvement :P

Back to the topic.

Remaining problems are:

- City center still looks quite empty, lots of air between some few larger blocks.

- that ugly divide in the river, starting in Jacksonville, branching east and north (possibly Vectors responsibility), into the Atlantic and up to 30°56' N, at Union Carbide Plant Strip (GA48)

o8CrrHHbS167KaMzWUeXag.png

c6Z8E1s.jpgJEn63aj.jpg

9 hours ago, Rongor said:

that ugly divide in the river, starting in Jacksonville, branching east and north (possibly Vectors responsibility), into the Atlantic and up to 30°56' N, at Union Carbide Plant Strip (GA48)

Hello Rongor

Just on this Issue try the post from Holger below 

------------------------------

Just looking at your Video there,   It shows your performance is struggling a bit.   What are your system specs ?  Are you running your Prepar3D settings very high ?    Texture moving can also be a symptom of a PC under pressure.  

Apart from Orbx Scenery what other Add On's are you running,  Aircraft and Utilities ?  

Can you post the contents of your scenery.cfg file  located below

Local Disk (C:) ► ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v4 - Scenery.cfg 

Hi Elaine,

thanks for the link, unchecking "small rivers and streams" made the divide go away.

Regarding the performance, my P3D is just doing fine. The choppiness in the video results from P3D running in a window while screen-recording only that part of my desktop. I couldn't enjoy flying if I had to endure this performance regularly:P.

As mentioned in my second post, I solved the switching tiles and odd textures by reinstalling OLC NA.

As to the city center, I guess that is just what the landclass data of OLC NA provides for Jacksonville. It's not beautiful but at the same time it doesn't matter that much. I don't intend to return to that area so soon. Just  reported all this in case you guys could then determine there was actually something wrong. What I don't think currently.

o8CrrHHbS167KaMzWUeXag.png

Thanks again!

Archived