PAVD 06 ILS Loc offset

Dreamsofwings1

Hi all,

Just been back to PAVD for the first time in a while and thought I would shoot a few Loc approaches.  Have dialed in the frequency and the localiser is there but seems to be trying to direct me onto the taxiway to the right of 06 rather than down on the runway.

Has anyone else seen the same thing?

The LOC-DME-H (LDA-H) approach to PAVD is indeed a little offset from the runway and it is like this in real life (Loc course is 057, runway heading is 064). On the approach plate, all the minimums apply to CIRCLING, meaning that the approach is not intended to take you directly along the extended runway centerline, but rather close enough to the airport for a visual landing. I can understand that one may think of a possible "alignement" problem since the localizer is "almost" aligned with runway 06.

So don't worry, what you observed is all good.

Many thanks NBouc.  

I have to say these days on the rare occasion I think there might be an issue with a piece of ORBX scenery it actually turns out it is just faithful to a quirk or intention of the real world!

I didn't think to check the plates but would have made sense to if I had!

Appreciate your swift reply to my post.  I will now stop shooting approaches in different aircraft to figure it out! :)

Archived