ORBXOPENLC dried up Avoss Lake

JDLinn

Hi ... I was flying to Avoss Lake (South of Sitka, AK) to a cabin on Avoss Lake. The lake was "dried up".  I started unchecking things and when I unchecked the ORBXOPENLC folders, the lake came back.  So everything is OK, but I was curious as to why that would happen.

Thank you for any thoughts

Doug/RTMM

avoss_lake_cabin_problem.jpg

Hi JDLinn,

Avoss Lake is smack in the middle of Tongas Fjords, I assume that you have this since you are on the MM team. The odd looking landclass switch in place of the lake are a small clue I think. Have you checked the scenery library position of your TFX folders in relation to Orbx OLC NA 1 & 2.

Hi Doug, me again,

'If you do have TFX installed' into P3Dv4/4.1 you might go to the FSAddon forum and check out Holgers post on "Tongass Fjords X Custom Terrain.cfg  entries" for TFX. As it seems to relate to missing water or water/land swapping because of possible corruption of the terrain.cfg  TFX installs 40 Custom entries into the terrain.cfg it can sometimes be repaired using the TFX Config repair tool or the entries can be manually reinserted.http://fssupport.com/fsaddonforum/index.php?board=7.0
The Topic is pinned in the top of Tongass Fjords support subforum. http://fssupport.com/fsaddonforum/index.php?topic=34.0

And the Topic above it might also be useful with regard to TFX in P3Dv4. http://fssupport.com/fsaddonforum/index.php?topic=123.0

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Doug,

Thankyou for posting back that your problem is solved by checking the position of TFX in relation to FTX and OLC entries.
It had been so long since hearing from you I thought I might have offended you with my response, (not my intention at all). Anyway I'm glad its all sorted now and you can enjoy your flights into Avoss lake camp site.

Heavens no, no offense taken at all ... that was "advice being absorbed" :-)   Another problem I was having ... I had used the Lorby Addon Organizer to add my scenery locations (darned easy by the way). But didn't realize they were not going into the Scenery.cfg ... that they were xml going into the P3Prepar3Dv4 Add-ons folder. So when I ran FTX Central, none of them showed up, meaning the default "insertion points" were set to put FTX and ORBX LC at the BOTTOM of the scenery library every time I installed a new item (like PAVD Payware). So I was having some really screwy things going on that I didn't understand.  The Lorby tool allows you to "add to scenery.cfg" ... so you can do that for each location ... then they show up in the "list" for the Insertion Tool in FTX Central. Once you insert correctly and save, you no longer have problems. But you see, my FTX and ORBX LC folders kept being moved around at what seemed to be random.  I wonder if FTX Central will maybe be able to "see" those xml files in the Prepar3Dv4 Add-ons folder in the future? 

But THANK YOU! You're advice was dead on and pointed me right at another problem that I have now solved. T(he learning curve is strong with these programs!) Much appreciated Jeff!

Doug/RTMM

Archived