Difference between Q9650 and Q9650 extreme ...?

Vonduck

Hi guys,

Have the option of buying a Q9650 or extreme version ... difference between the 2 is $600.00 NZD ...

I am sticking with Vista x64 for a while as to upgrade will cost way more than a chip ... maybe sometime future but not yet ...

Is there a huge difference between the chips? Both will clock to 4gig i am sure ...

Any advice?

Many thanks

Doug

I don't think you can find the Qx9650 in the state anymore......the Qx9650 as the multiplier unlocked as for the Q9650 the multiplier is locked at 9x.

Look at my spec. I have the Q9650 at 4.32GHz on air (can't go higher on air).

Don't spend $1,000.00 on the Qx9650.........

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115130&cm_re=q9650-_-19-115-130-_-Product

PS: you have to have the right component beside the CPU to be able to overclocked this baby at 4.GHz, I see you have 8 GB of memory (2GB x 4 stick) so you may not reach 4.0GHz.....you see you have to be stable at that kind of speed and with 8GB I don't think you'll be able to get that far, you will have to take 2 stick out, 8GB is to much stress on the mobo to reach 4.0GHz.....

Ah .... thanks for the informative reply ... not as easy as i once thought!

So me thinks then that perhaps a total upgrade would be the go if i cant reach 4gig with that CPU ...

Appreciate your advice!

Regards

doug

Archived