'Real' 360 degree views of a cessna 152 & 172 cockpit

andrew22222

Hi,

I though some people here might find these interesting, especially those that have not yet had the opportunity to jump in the real thing.

I normally take 360 degree aircraft shots 'inside' FSX but have a project on the go for a local flight school (early stages though) so got in the real things. There's cockpit shots inside a Cessna 152 and a 172. I thought the 172 was small inside, the 152 is tiny! Still have a Piper and an Seneca to photograph but the weather is awful here so have to wait.

http://www.cicadastudio.ca/aircraft/index.html

They have a simulator there also but the scenery isn't as good as what we are used to  ;)

Andrew

Thanks. Glad you like them.

I guess most people here have already had a taste of the real thing but I was honestly shocked at how small the Cessna 152 was. The lens was only 11 inches from the roof when taking the up shot and in the 172 the lens was something like 8 inches from the yoke so no room in there to swing a cat either.

I love a photography challenge though. If your interested in photography it was a 10.5mm lens, 3 sets of 6 images going round horizontally, 1 up and 1 down. Each set is bracketed so the final blended result is HDR and hopefully nicely lit. Can't use a flash.

Once this weather sorts itself out I'm off up in the 152 to see what the real flying is like. I guess they know that a trial flight is enough to get you hooked into signing up for the PPL, plus one look at the stupid grin on my face after landing and the instructor will say to them self 'ka-ching, this ones hooked'.

First project in the new year may turn out to be a Helicopter Training company.  :)

Archived