FSX and SLI.

Iain Emms

Regarding FSX and SLI, I had two Nvidia 9800 GX2 running on my system in SLI untill yesterday i hit a snag with windows disabeling one of them saying i had lost a driver and it shut one of the cards down no big problem as ive found i get the same perfomance with only one card in use. I get the same FPS with the one card as i did with the two and my sim looks as crisp and fresh as it allways has so this now bears out to me what other people have said in the past about FSX not using SLI because as i say i can see no differance at all between using one card or two cards bearing in mind that these cards already are made up of two cards in each encloser i think they are two 8800 GTS 512 Mb in each one, And as i use my rig only for FSX i see no problem in removing one of these cards compleatelly i will see how i go on for the next few days. Thought i would just let you know about this and as allways comments are most wellcome.

cheers

Iain

It seems to be the general consensus, Iain.

This is the reason the 290 and 295 cards don't add to FSX.

It would be interesting if Hydra hits the market whether it offers any advantages given the scaleable intelligent rendering it seems to offer.

But until then - fastest single card is the go.

I concur too, Iain.

Did the same with SLI and ended up with a spare 9800 GX2 which fitted nicely in the HTPC that I now enjoy every night, after I listened to a wiser man.

It really does show the level of expertise of the fellas and gals in this forum,

Frank

Archived