Citation X

tennyson

Got a little breakdown of it in the other thread "Pilots Lounge", but so far it's pretty disappointing.

I haven't been able to fulfil one flight yet without it crashing and taking out FSX. None of my other aircraft are having any problems and my SSD and Win 7 are running shmick, so it's not my system.

I can only say that I did the wrong thing and didn't read the full story on it. I downloaded it without reading that you need a fully registered version of FSUIPC to run the FADEC controls on the throttles.

I did that (another cost of 38 bucks) and thought all my problems were fixed, so I took it for a good long strap to Melbourne from Launy.

Half way across the strait, I lost the VC, EFIS and instruments went blank, outside textures went berserk and were only showing half a side and then she just shut down all engines.

Shortly after the whole shooting match closed FSX with a fatal error.

It definately does have merit and when it was flying, it was quite nice to operate, but I fear it may need a quick service pack to fix a few teething problems.

Will perservere and post some more shots again and keep people informed,

Frank

Great shots!

From what I can see here it seems like the Citation has very nice externals but the cockpit textures looks like 2D paintings for an Amiga 500 game from 1991. :D

I was thinking the same  :o

O well win some lose some :(

Without being too critical, I cannot understand their thinking. The money and time has been spent on the "behind the scenes" stuff like the dynamics and systems, but the VC seems to be an after thought.

It is a real shame, this little number could make a number one, right up there with PMDG and that beautiful little Cessna Mustang, I'm certainly not done with it and will perservere and make it a regular in my stable.

As an aside, buying FSUIPC has also had it's advantages. It is quite a versatile add-on and will help with the asignments for throttle, etc.

I'm also in the throes of an Ozzie paint for the X, will reveal real soon,

Frank

• 2 months later...

Half way across the strait, I lost the VC, EFIS and instruments went blank, outside textures went berserk and were only showing half a side and then she just shut down all engines.

Shortly after the whole shooting match closed FSX with a fatal error.

Hi, I know this post is a bit old... but... I just ran across this post and felt I should reply to this issue you mentioned.  That's not a bug.  If you still have this issue happening, you need to contact Eaglesoft's support.

Ed Wilson

Gauge Programmer

Gauged Approach

Posted Image

Hi Ed,

The reason why I haven't contacted support yet, is that I still haven't read the user manual fully. I am maybe not doing something right in the strat-up procedures or maybe I don't have a setting correct here or there.

I certainly haven't forgotten it and as soon as I finish coming to terms with a few others, I'll drift back to it and sort it out.

It has a certain appeal with it's incredible endurance and cutting edge avionics, so I'm looking forward to flying it with the proper skills and attention.

Thanks for dropping by,

Frank

Archived